Carcassonne is a tile-placement game in which the players draw and place a tile with a piece of southern French landscape on it. The tile might feature a city, a road, a cloister, grassland or some combination thereof, and it must be placed adjacent to tiles that have already been played, in such a way that cities are connected to cities, roads to roads, etcetera. Having placed a tile, the player can then decide to place one of their meeples on one of the areas on it: on the city as a knight, on the road as a robber, on a cloister as a monk, or on the grass as a farmer. When that area is complete, that meeple scores points for its owner.
- Players build the area surrounding this impressive city, one tile at a time
- Place followers on fields, cities, roads or monasteries in order to score as many points as possible
- Entirely redesigned and modernized, this edition includes two expansions: The River and the Abbot
- Great for social gatherings and families; games last 35 minutes
- For 2 to 5 players, ages 7 and up